Futasfalva is 2 km from the center of the village. According to the oral tradition this village was donated to the Hamar family by Kun Laszlo, Hungarian king. When the king arrived to this region during his fights, he was fleeing from a dangerous situation and his life was saved by the Hamar family.
As a sign of his gratitude he gave the region as a gift to his savers, who named the village Futasfalva after this event. The village was first mentioned in written documents in 1544. In the 16th century it had already had a perish house and at its border there was built a chapel in respect to St. Imre, the ruins of which could have still been seen in the 19th century. Its current church can be found in the center of the village and it offers many sites. The building was made between 1851 and 1856 and it was built to respect St. Andras. This is where we can see the wooden copy of the Mary Statue of Csiksomlyo made in 1750.
This statue was made for the Franciscan monastery from Esztelnek and it was rescued to Futasfalva during the war of independence from 1848-49. Due to the fact that this statue is at this church the religious authorities declared the place a pilgrimage site and it was allowed to organize annual pilgrimages at the name day of Virgin Mary since 1992. According to the idea of priest Tifan Lajos, they established a crucifix path of 1 km up towards the Ter mountain. This new shrine is visited by hundreds of pilgrims from all over the world, from sister villages and other places from Transylvania. The Catholic school had functioned at Futasfalva since the 16th century until 1948. Nowadays children can learn at secondary school. On the front wall of the building there is a memorial board on the 360th anniversary of the institution.
An other interesting architectural site in Futasfalva is the Hamar-Vargyassy ranch house from 1828 and its huge monumental gate. The locals earn their living mainly from agriculture and animal breeding, but there are also craftsmen in the village.